Automation EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 902966BR Location Shipboard Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Jun. 06, 2022
As Automation Engineer, you will manage corrective and preventive maintenance including troubleshooting, checking and repairing electrical and electronic systems in the machinery spaces, entertainment equipment, bridge equipment, hotel areas and other areas as directed.
You will report to the First Electrical Engineer or Chief Electrical Engineer
Level: 2.5 stripes Officer
- Responsible to properly complete the monthly maintenance routines for equipment under their control, and to report all completed work on the AMOS system.
- All electronics systems relating to the operation, control, monitoring safety and surveillance of the mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and thermal equipment contained within the main machinery spaces of the vessel
- Performs maintenance, testing, and repairs of electronic system within the main machinery spaces.
- Responsible for ship's communication systems, bridge navigation equipment.
- Telephone exchange
- Security alarm systems
- CCTV Systems
- Fire Protection Systems
- Maintenance (AMOS Monthly routines and unscheduled call outs) of mechanical, electrical, electronic equipment in Entertainment areas, including partnering with the Entertainment Technical team for support and equipment familiarization.
- Assist and support vendors as required.
- Complete monthly status reports of equipment under his control.
- Provides professional and social guidance to subordinates by exemplary personal behavior
- Performs Emergency duties as specified in the ships Assembly Plan
- Any other duties requested by the Chief Electrical Engineer.
- Valid ETO CoC
- 2+ years' shipboard experience in similar roles or Senior ETO roles
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm about guiding other team members
This is a SHIPBOARD role.
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be willing to be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.