Automation OperatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 902973BR Location Shipboard Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Dec. 14, 2021
Every day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do. As a part of our team, you can live and work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
As an Automation Operator, you will manage the operation of Entertainment Automation Systems at the Walt Disney Theater including the movement of stage scenic elements during our Broadway/West End Style Musical Theater Production Shows. You will also maintain all ship wide automation and rigging systems to ensure good repair and proper usage for outdoor deck parties, shows and events.
You will report to Senior Technician Walt Disney Theater
- Manage the operation of Entertainment Automation Systems at the Walt Disney Theater including all stage scenic elements during shows
- Oversee the maintenance and safe operation of all rigging equipment used in outdoor shows and events
- Train in all outdoor rigging positions to safely operate during shows
- Be an important contributor to the Walt Disney Theater Team with responsibilities for load in and load outs, Cast changeovers, new show installations, equipment tests, vendor support, movie premiers and company events
- Minimum five years show production experience in a similar role
- Experience operating computerized automation control equipment
- Experience or qualifications in a theatrical/ Entertainment-based rigging operation
- Proficiency with hydraulics, electronics, electric motors, motor drives and controls, manual and automated rigging devices
- Can work at heights and with heavy equipment
This is a shipboard role
Benefits offered year-round, on contract and off-contract, as long as return contract is signed, including Major Medical Coverage, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and Retirement Savings Plan Option
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.