Character ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 770679BR Location Shipboard Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Sep. 13, 2021
Every day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do. As a part of our team, you can live and work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
As Character Manager, you will manage the entire daily onboard operation of the World Famous Disney Characters including appearances, events, and programs. You will lead a team of performers in compliance with the Character Programs and Development standards to ensure the Character Brand, integrity and use.
You will report to the Assistant Cruise Director
- Provide leadership, coaching, and recognition for all direct reports
- Provide feedback, coaching and discipline for all direct reports including, but not limited to mid and end of contract reviews
- Ensure the Character Brand, integrity and use with all Character events, activities, photo shoots, and special events
- Uphold the 5 keys by focusing on Safety, Courtesy, Show, Inclusion and Efficiency
- Partner with Entertainment Leadership Teams Shoreside on brand concerns, height ranges, training, performer schedules and show quality issues
- Act as the Shipboard main contact for Character recovery
- Communicate with all departments involved with Character events
- Educate internal departments on Character integrity
- Build and communicate Character Ticketing Grids for Bookable Events
- Monitor Guest Satisfaction Measurement scores and propose opportunities for improvement
- Positively motivate teams in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Perform Stage Management responsibilities when necessary including operational decisions in altered performance environments
- Minimum three to five years experience in Entertainment operations within the last five years
- Previous Disney Entertainment Operations experience working as a Character Performer, Character Manager or Entertainment Manager within the Disney Company
- University degree or related course work associated with recreation, education, entertainment, or a related field of study desirable
- Experience leading and motivating a team while organizing and prioritizing the team's goals.
- Previous performance experience beneficial
Additional Information:This is a shipboard role.
Benefits offered year-round, on contract and off-contract, as long as return contract is signed, including Major Medical Coverage, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and Retirement Savings Plan Option
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.