Chef de Cuisine. $2000 Hiring IncentiveApply NowApply Later Job ID 903014BR Location Shipboard Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted May 25, 2022
Every day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do. As a part of our team, you can live and work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
As a Chef de Cuisine (CDC) you will provide leadership to the galley team and ensure a seamless operation of your assigned galley and hotel stores. You will coordinate all food offerings, including group offerings and special requests. You will conduct regular inspections and oversee the training for crew and monitor all culinary standards.
You will report to the Assistant Manager Food Operations
Your Responsibilities - How You Will Make a Difference
- Follow company recipe guidelines for assigned responsibilities using recipe booklets, plate presentation and audits
- Meet food cost budgets and targets as set by the Food Manager onboard
- Order stores for assigned responsibilities by using the Materials Management System (MMS), an online electronic ordering system, for up to 3,000 meals daily
- Inventory control (par levels turn over and replenishment)
- Monitor handling and maintenance of operating equipment; report maintenance needs through onboard electronic maintenance request system
- Organize staff meetings
- Responsibilities include buffet , a la carte, production and line service
- Provide leadership for all direct reports. Responsibilities include: managing personnel files, conducting performance reviews, including progressive discipline, ensuring MLC compliance, monitoring time keeping system, onboard training, crew development, and crew recognition and communication
Basic Qualifications - What You Will Bring to the Team
- 4+ years of experience working as a leader within a high level hotel or restaurant, overseeing a high volume culinary operation
- Certified working Chef or equivalent degree in Culinary Arts
- Demonstrated career progression within the culinary field
- Working knowledge of food and beverage products, services, and equipment
- Calculate and control cost potentials/projections and understand the impact of the overall budge
- Write and implement high-quality menus based on themed and seasonal availability
- Write and cost recipes, and train the team to implement them at the highest standards
- Lead culinary team within assigned responsibilities
- Demonstrate natural initiative to undertake or continue a task or activity
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage multi-functional and diverse areas
- Able to work under pressure of tight timeframes, deadlines and financial goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- College degree in Culinary Arts, preferred
LIMITED TIME $2,000 HIRING INCENTIVE ONLY AVAILABLE BETWEEN CREW CONTRACTED FOR THIS POSITION BETWEEN JUNE 1 – SEPTEMBER 1, 2022.
To be eligible for the hiring incentive, crew member must be in the eligible position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by Disney Cruise Line at the time of payment. A crew member is hired after successfully starting a Disney Cruise Line Crew contract, completing Disney Traditions and embarking the assigned vessel. Payment will be made approximately two-three weeks after the 90 day milestone is achieved. Disputes concerning eligibility to a hiring incentive shall be resolved by Disney Cruise Line Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentive offered is subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Crew members hired prior to June 1, 2022 and after September 1, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
This is a shipboard role.
Benefits offered year-round, on contract and off-contract, as long as return contract is signed, including Major Medical Coverage, Short & Long-term Disability, Life Insurance and Retirement Savings Plan Option
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.