Chef de Partie Remy/Enchanté $1500 Hiring IncentiveApply NowApply Later Job ID 902498BR Location Shipboard Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted May 25, 2022
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
Remy is a sophisticated dining concept exclusively for adults on the Disney Dream & Disney Fantasy. It boasts an exquisite, top-deck atmosphere with incredible ocean views. Remy serves French-inspired gourmet cuisine, from a menu created by award-winning Chefs.
- Monitor and ensure opening and closing procedures for Remy galley
- Ensure follow through with Cooks & Stewards
- Lead designated Culinary team of crew toward completion of daily work assignments
- Partner with First Steward to monitor sanitation laws, policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance and follow through with Cooks & Stewards
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of all food items, using standardized recipes, as directed by the Chef de Cuisine Remy
- Responsible for Remy galley when CDC Remy and Sous Chef Remy are not available
- Ensure all culinary standards and allergy guidelines are adhered to
- Execute additional job responsibilities, as assigned by DCL leadership, based on operational need
- Comply with all company set policies and procedures, along with all maritime and ship rules, regulations and procedures
- Participate in Emergency Duties as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Second interview by Hotel Operations and Culinary Recruiter required
- Minimum two to three years formal Culinary training
- Minimum three to five years (including apprenticeship) experience in a kitchen environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Proficiency in all stations in the kitchen
- Proficiency in safe food handling, HACCP / USPH
- Knowledge and proficiency in following and converting recipes
- Demonstrated commitment to Culinary career with a desire to grow within the F&B industry
- Demonstrated passion for food
- Understanding of food cost and the impact of spoilage
- Ability to work with a multi-cultural team in a confined environment
- Working knowledge of luxury food items such as Caviar, Lobster, Truffles, Sweetbread etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be able to speak, read and write fluent English
- Willingness to live and work onboard one of our vessels for a certain length of time (based on position)
- Be able to work a seven-day, 70-84 hour week with limited time off
- Be able to adhere to Disney Cruise Line appearance guidelines
- Enjoy working in a high-volume, fast-paced, guest-service oriented environment
- Be flexible with your work schedule, job duties and work locations
- Appreciate diversity among guests and crew
- Ship experience
LIMITED TIME $1,500 HIRING INCENTIVE ONLY AVAILABLE BETWEEN CREW CONTRACTED FOR THIS POSITION BETWEEN JUNE 1 – SEPTEMBER 1, 2022.
To be eligible for the hiring incentive, crew member must be in the eligible position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by Disney Cruise Line at the time of payment. A crew member is hired after successfully starting a Disney Cruise Line Crew contract, completing Disney Traditions and embarking the assigned vessel. Payment will be made approximately two-three weeks after the 90 day milestone is achieved. Disputes concerning eligibility to a hiring incentive shall be resolved by Disney Cruise Line Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentive offered is subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Crew members hired prior to June 1, 2022 and after September 1, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
This is a SHIPBOARD role.
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.