Chef De PartieApply Now Apply Later Job ID 732193BR Location United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Mar. 26, 2020
- Ensure every food item leaving the Galley is of the highest quality in flavor and presentation
- Partner with Junior Sous Chef and CDC; establish food quality standards during storage, production and service
- Hands on responsibility for own assigned section within the galley
- Guide lead and train direct reports up to Disney Cruise Line Standards
- Execute company recipe guidelines for assigned area of responsibility via recipe booklets, plate presentation and audits
- Organize and deliver new implementations on area of responsibility
- Organize area of responsibility for daily service up to Disney Cruise Line standards
- Meet or exceed Disney Cruise Line and Vessel Sanitation Program (VSP) requirements in area of responsibility
- Understand, monitor and ensure opening and closing procedures for assigned production areas; ensure follow through with Cooks & Stewards
- Monitor handling and maintenance of operating equipment; proactively report maintenance needs to Junior Sous Chef
- Minimum two years formal culinary training plus 3 years work experience which may consist of an accredited school or recognized apprenticeship OR minimum 6 years work experience with 2 years in a comparable role
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Must be proficient in all stations in the kitchen
- Must be proficient in safe food handling, HACCP / USPH
- Knowledge and proficiency in following and converting recipes
- Demonstrates a commitment to culinary career with a desire to grow within the F&B industry; demonstrates a passion for food
- Must have understanding of food cost and the impact of spoilage
- Must be able to work with a multi-cultural team in a confined environment
- Ship experience preferred
This is a SHIPBOARD role.
Reports to: Junior Sous Chef and Chef De Cuisine
Direct reports: Up to Four (4) Commis Chefs and Demi Chefs de Partie
Level: Petty Officer/Staff
Contract Length: Six (6) Months
Unique Disney Cruise Line benefits include USPH bonus, travel paid for, uniforms paid for, six-month contract with option of renewal, ongoing training & career development, Disney park tickets and Disney merchandise discounts.
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.