Chief OfficerApply NowApply Later Job ID 784771BR Location United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Apr. 30, 2021
Would you like to be a Disney Cruise Line Senior Deck Officer responsible for the overall maintenance and stability of the ship? The Chief Officer is the designated ship’s Stability Officer and also responsible for maintaining the ship’s exterior and interior. If you thrive in an environment where professionalism, precision and integrity are highly valued, and where no two days are the same, apply today to join us!
Responsibilities:As the Chief Officer on board Disney Cruise Line you would lead the Deck Crew on carrying out exterior and interior maintenance whilst also providing professional and social guidance to subordinates by exemplary personal behaviour. Advance in your career with Disney Cruise Line!
- Oversee the exterior and interior maintenance.
- Supervise ballasting, ship’s stability, trim and keep proper ballast record in compliance with the Ballast Water Management Plan.
- Oversee fresh water bunkering (not in the ECR), maintaining records.
- Keep the preventive maintenance system up to date regarding maintenance routines. Keep the Lloyd’s survey list for the hull and tanks (excluding the fuel/lubrication oil tanks) up to date, and see that surveys are carried out as per the schedule.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and safety of platforms, shell doors, tender arrangements, pilot ladders, anchor and mooring equipment, etc.
- Assist the Staff Captain during Flag State, port state, health inspections, class society inspections, and Safety Management System matters.
- See that personnel files for the Deck Ratings and Petty Officers are maintained (working with Human Resources).
- Be in charge of tendering and platform operations.
- Maintain damage control equipment.
- Uphold the general safety management responsibilities in areas and operations under your control.
Basic Qualifications:Please apply if you have:
- Master unlimited license
- 2+ years’ experience as Chief Officer on medium to large cruise vessels
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm about guiding other team members
- Proven leadership skills, and ability to take command and make quick decisions under pressure
- Flexibility and a cool head in dynamic, ever-evolving environments
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
***Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.