Costume/Cosmetology TechnicianApply NowApply Later Job ID 770722BR Location Shipboard Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Aug. 31, 2021
Every day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do. As a part of our team, you can live and work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
As a Costume/Cosmetology Technician you will work with the Cast of our Broadway/West End Style Musical Theater Production Shows and ship wide Entertainment Offerings by providing costuming support, stage makeup assistance and styling, care and maintenance of performer wigs.
You will report to Senior Technician Costume
- Oversee the care and maintenance of all Cosmetology associated with ship wide Entertainment offerings
- Maintain, style and care for all theatrical wigs
- Assist performers with stage makeup including airbrush and prosthetic applications
- Inventory cosmetology supplies
- Help with the care of all costumes including laundering, hand sewing and machine stitching
- Run dressing tracks for shows, set costumes, and assist with quick changes
- Ensure the integrity of all entertainment events ship wide
- Minimum two years of industry related experience
- Skills with styling, care and maintenance of theatrical wigs
- Knowledge of stage makeup applications including air brushing and prosthetics
- Experience in a theatrical environment including running dressing tracks and quick changes
- Familiarity with hand sewing and machine stitching
This is a shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulation
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.