DMED Technology Software Engineer Intern - Remote, Summer 2021
United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774460BR Location United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 20, 2021
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life...
- Participate in daily standup, sprint planning, and overall work tracking
- Working as a member of a larger team on larger projects in design and implementation
- Creatively solving problems with self-direction; Some tasks may only have high level descriptions and you will find a solution
- Learning about how we deliver Disney content to our fans around the world and applying this knowledge to your assigned projects
- Proactively support and maintain production systems to prevent issues before they occur
- Clearly communicate technical findings, issues, and outcomes with other team members
- Participate in daily scrum meetings
What we are looking for…
- An understanding of Agile development practices
- Experience with Web Application Development
- Designing, implementing, and improving RESTful APIs
- Able to understand what ‘the ask is’ and work towards a solution with minimal input
- Team player – Enjoy working collaboratively with a talented group of people to tackle challenging business problems as a team
- Eagerness to learn new technologies, and a strong desire to be challenged technically
- Experience with Node.JS
- Experience with either relational or document-oriented databases
- Experience deploying to cloud-based service providers
- Strong passion for iOS, Android or Web client engineering
- Experience working with Digital Advertising platforms is a huge plus
Required EducationFreshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior level student or recent graduate pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 18 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work (if it becomes in-person)
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are 05/17/2021- 08/07/2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.