DMED Technology Visual Design Intern- Remote, Summer 2021
United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774697BR Location United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 20, 2021
Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment aligns technology, media distribution, and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. Playing an important role in the growth and future of DMED and The Walt Disney Company, the Technology team helps drive the strategic development and deployment of technology at the Walt Disney Company. It creates products, platforms and innovations for Disney’s portfolio of brands and businesses, while building scalable systems that connect hundreds of millions of consumers to Disney’s beloved stories, characters and brands.
As an intern with the Walt Disney Company in Disney Media Entertainment & Distribution Design (DMED Design), you will collaborate with the team to design interfaces and user experiences for our digital products through a combination of comps, visual studies, design systems, branding, wireframes, and user flows.
BRANDS SUPPORTED BY DTCI
ABC, ABC News, DisneyNOW, ESPN, Disney.com, Oscar.com, StarWars.com
Responsibilities:In this position, you will work closely with design, product, engineering and PMO teams and would be responsible for rapid visual concepts and high-fidelity design – while staying true to the world-class quality of each brand. Work must be pixel perfect when delivering comps and guides to the development team.
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for...
Qualified candidates must have at experience designing for digital platforms (school projects and previous internship work).
Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and UI best practices across multiple platforms (web, iOS, Android, etc.).
Experience with responsive design and mobile applications.
Advanced skills when designing in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
Self-motivated, problem solver with ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
Strong interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills.
Strong work ethic, reliability, adaptability, works well with others. A team player.
All applicants are required to supply an online portfolio.
- Experience with over the top UI (Roku, Xbox, Apple TV).
- Experience within an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and develop products.
- Familiarity with the Disney digital brands and content.
- Keynote and/or Powerpoint skills.
- Zeplin for style guides.
- Experience with rapid prototyping applications.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Required EducationSophomore, Junior, or Senior level student or recent graduate pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 18 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work (if it becomes in-person)
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are 05/17/2021- 08/07/2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.