Ready to start your journey with Disney Cruise Line? Contact a representative to discuss available opportunities and apply now:Contact A Procurement Ally
Entertainment Rigger/Stage HandApply Now Apply Later Job ID 620563BR Location United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Aug. 21, 2019
- Assist with moving and spotting stage scenic elements during shows.
- Partner on routine maintenance on all ship wide automation and rigging systems following correct documentation procedures.
- Responsible for performer harness checks and flying hook-ups during live shows in the Walt Disney Theater and Shipwide venues.
- Assist Automation Operator with ensuring all rigging equipment is maintained in good order and being used properly
- Partner with Automation Operator for the maintenance and safe operation of the rigging equipment used in outdoor deck parties, including training in all rigging positions for the operation of the show
- Required to assist in other duties and tasks as assigned by the Senior Technician WDT and Automation Operator, including but not limited to cast changeovers, load ins/outs, new show installs, equipment tests, vendor support, movie premieres and company events
- Carry out all other duties and tasks assigned by the shipboard leadership team, including but not limited to Safety duties and duties in support of other technical areas
- Minimum three years show production/operation experience required, in a similar role preferred
- Proven experience or qualifications in a theatrical/ Entertainment based rigging operation or role
- Ability to work at heights and with heavy equipment
- Computer literacy
- Experience in the operation of computerized automation control equipment
- Knowledge and experience of hydraulics, electronics, electric motors, motor drives and controls, manual and automated rigging devices
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be able to speak, read and write fluent English
- Willingness to live and work onboard one of our vessels for a certain length of time (based on position)
- Be able to work a seven-day, 70-84 hour week with limited time off
- Be able to adhere to Disney Cruise Line appearance guidelines
- Enjoy working in a high-volume, fast-paced, guest-service oriented environment
- Be flexible with your work schedule, job duties and work locations
- Appreciate diversity among guests and crew
This is a SHIPBOARD role.
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be willing to be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.