First OfficerApply NowApply Later Job ID 784777BR Location United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Jul. 21, 2021
As First Officer you will be the Senior Watch Keeper and during the watch the Master's representative on the Bridge, leading the Quartermasters on Bridge duty, safety work and fire patrol whilst also providing professional and social guidance to team members.
You will report to the Staff Captain (except reporting to the Master for navigation)
Level: 2.5 stripes Officer
- Be the Navigation Watch leader on a dual watch with a Junior Deck Officer
- Purchase and maintain all publications and charts
- Oversee cruise planning and itineraries, working directly with the Master regarding all navigational matters
- Oversee mooring stations during arrivals and departures
- Manage the daily routines of all navigational instruments; report any deficiency to the Staff Captain and Master
- Oversee all the emergency/pyrotechnic equipment on the Bridge and reporting this on the preventive maintenance system
- Maintain the on board PC ship-handling simulator
- Assist the Chief Officer Safety with Crew safety training, maintenance of LSA and FFE
- Uphold the general safety management responsibilities in areas and operations under your control
- Chief Mate unlimited license or higher
- 2+ years' experience as Senior Watch Keeper on medium to large cruise vessels preferred
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm about guiding other team members
This is a shipboard role.
Benefits offered year-round, on contract and off-contract, as long as return contract is signed, including Major Medical Coverage, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and Retirement Savings Plan Option
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.