General Technician ShipwideApply NowApply Later Job ID 902891BR Location Shipboard Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Dec. 26, 2021
Every day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do. As a part of our team, you can live and work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
As General Technician Shipwide, you will provide technical assistance for shipwide and island entertainment events. You will set-up, operate and strike audio, video, lighting and other entertainment technical systems and assist with preventative maintenance and routine repairs.
You will report to the Senior Technician Shipwide
- Install, set-up, operate and strike equipment for assigned shipwide and island events
- Handle heavy equipment and road cases
- Manage the daily use of wireless microphones, including frequency tuning, power management and signal path
- Mix live audio with digital audio consoles
- Manage sound/mic checks for shipwide venues and performers
- Operate lighting consoles for intelligent and conventional fixtures
- Report equipment and consumable challenges
- Provide preventative maintenance and routine repair of all ship wide equipment
- Maintain cleanliness of ship wide booths and lockers
- Help with contingency plans
- Minimum two years experience in a relevant Entertainment-based environment
- Knowledge of computer systems or computerized control systems
- Trade school/college diploma, preferred
- Have a valid Driver's License
This is a shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.