Learning and Development ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 621209BR Location United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Sep. 12, 2019
Leverage your HR knowledge to develop learning content, coach crew members, facilitate presentations, and onboard every member of our crew. You will play an integral role within Disney Cruise Line as you help our crew members grow their skills, guiding them on the path to success!
Responsibilities:Your excellent interpersonal and presentation skills will be essential as you start your new adventure. Work closely with multiple HR teams, both shipboard and shore side, as well as officers aboard the ships. Showcase your learning and development expertise as you create new initiatives onboard the ship that could roll out to the entire fleet. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, sense of empathy, and passion for your work are essential in this role.
Disney Cruise Line takes pride in caring for its crew and in treating all crew members with respect. By developing and delivering learning and development strategies, you will have a direct impact on our crew members’ experience and on cementing our status as one of the most sought-after employers in the cruise line industry.
- 3+ years of experience working within a Human Resources role directly tied to training, facilitation, and/or training development
- Working knowledge of Human Resources/Learning and Development concepts and practices
- Ability to assess training needs and develop strategic plan accordingly
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, shipboard environment with limited contact with friends and family on shore
- Ability to work without a day off for 4 months at a time
- 1+ year in a leadership or operations role preferred
- Previous experience within the cruise industry and/or Disney experience a plus
- Knowledge of Fidelio and/or SAP a plus
Additional Information:THIS IS A SHIPBOARD POSITION
Contract length is 4 months onboard/2 months off. Benefits offered year-round, on contract and off contract, as long as a return contract is signed, including: Group Medical Coverage; Short & Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance; Retirement Savings Plan option (90-day wait to participate, 1 year wait for company match).
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.