Marine and Technical Operations - Engineering OfficerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 733169BR Location United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Dec. 18, 2019
Responsibilities:The Engineering department, lead by the Chief Engineer, is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the main propulsion plant and all hotel services on the ship such as heating and air conditioning, refrigeration, fresh water, waste disposal, electrical and plumbing systems, life boats and davit systems, and upkeep of all electronic equipment. The department conducts all bunkering operations and orders spare parts, materials and supplies to maintain a fully operational machinery plant. Officer Roles candidates will be considered for in the Engineering Department:
- Chief Engineer
- Staff Chief Engineer
- Chief Electrical Engineer
- First Engineer
- First Electrical Engineer
- Second Engineer Senior
- HVAC - Refrigeration Engineer
- Second Engineer
- Automation Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Third Engineer
- Fourth Engineer
Basic Qualifications:This is a SHIPBOARD role.
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.