Sr. Entertainment ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 918994BR Location Shipboard Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Aug. 04, 2022
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, Crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
- Manage daily operation of ship-wide entertainment and team members - including Entertainment Manager, Musicians, Entertainment Host's and Ship-wide Performers.
- Monitor integrity and show quality of ship-wide events and performers - including, Entertainment Hosts, Ship-wide Performers and Musicians.
- Call technical show cues for ship-wide events and performances.
- Manage the scheduling for all musicians, as well as the scheduling and organization of all ship-wide entertainment rehearsals.
- Manage the team that oversee the execution of the Bingo operation - including inventory, monthly orders, hosting of sessions, training, achieving Bingo targets, completing financial reports and communicating with shore-side partners.
- For all ship-wide events and offerings;
- Verify/ maintain show quality in regards to performer direction and technical aspects.
- Work with the Stage Manager, Character Manager, Senior Technician Ship-wide, and Senior Costume Technician in relation to show and technical operations.
- In partnership with all leaders, create and communicate weekly performer rehearsals, warm-ups, call times, performance schedules, show modifications and other factors related to the running of each ship-wide show.
- Complete ship-wide show and daily reports outlining overall show quality issues
- Collaborate with shore-side Entertainment team to maintain up-to-date scripts for all ship-wide events and shows, as well as coordinating the implementation of ship-wide show changes, special event performances and holiday enhancements.
- Manage show operation including all appropriate decisions regarding weather, technical break-downs, performer injuries, and costuming problems, in partnership with the Leaders where applicable.
- Authority to make decisions for immediate operational needs that may be outside the scope of normal daily operations, chiefly when a higher level of Leader is not available or safety challenges arise.
- Work with Assistant Cruise Director on placement of ship-wide events for best capture and guest flow - monitoring GSM scores and proposing opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with the Entertainment Integration Manager to gather information for ship-wide content built into the Navigator App.
- Understudy roles as directed by Assistant Cruise Director.
- Oversee compliance with MLC 2006 Hours of Rest and Timekeeping for responsible areas including checking SuperSTAR daily and making necessary corrections, using the disciplinary matrix.
- Provide guidance to direct reports through exemplary personal behavior
- Minimum three years’ Entertainment Leadership experience in a creative/ operational/ production or related field.
- Minimum two years’ stage management/ theater operations experience - requiring show-calling, facilitating rehearsals and performance feedback.
- College degree or related schooling associated with Stage Management, Technical/ Theatrical, Entertainment, or related field of study preferred.
- Previous technical/ theatrical or performance experience required.
- Previous Disney Entertainment Operations experience and/ or previous Entertainment shipboard experience preferred.
- Proven experience providing coaching, feedback and discipline.
- Ability to organize schedules and entertainment priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible, self-motivated, handle multiple demands, stay calm under pressure and resolve issues quickly
- Good understanding and respect for entertainers.
- Ability to learn and memorize scripts promptly.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel. Comfortability learning new software programs and digital platforms.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.