Third OfficerApply NowApply Later Job ID 784784BR Location United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted May 24, 2021
Would you like to assist in the safe navigation of Disney Cruise Line vessels around the globe? The ship’s Third Officer is the Junior Officer of the Watch assigned to operate communications equipment on the Bridge. If you thrive in an environment where professionalism, precision and integrity are highly valued, and where no two days are the same, apply today to join us!
Responsibilities:As a Third Officer on board Disney Cruise Line you assist the First Officer on Navigation Bridge Watch and the Chief Officer Safety with maintenance.
Advance in your career with Disney Cruise Line! You will:
- Assist on the Navigation Bridge Watch.
- Oversee the corrections and update of all publications in the Radio Station and radio signals publications on the Bridge.
- Test the GMDSS communication equipment and properly log results in the Radio Logbook and the preventive maintenance system.
- Verify the safety management system updates for applicable deck department items.
- Oversee flags inventory and requisition.
- Assist the Chief Officer Safety with day-to-day operation and maintenance of LSA and FFE as well as other projects assigned by the Chief Officer or the Staff Captain.
- Maintain and upkeep of ship’s certificates and documents under Staff Captain’s guidance.
- Provide professional and social guidance to subordinates by exemplary personal behavior.
- Carry out Emergency Duties as specified in the ship Assembly Plan and sending out distress signals under the Master’s orders.
- Uphold the general safety management responsibilities in areas and operations under your control.
Basic Qualifications:Please apply if you have:
- Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch unlimited license or higher
- Experience as Junior Watch Keeper preferably on medium to large cruise vessels
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm about guiding other team members
- Flexibility and a cool head in dynamic, ever-evolving environments
Additional Information:This is a Shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
***Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Disney Cruise Line is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.