Ready to start your journey with Disney Cruise Line and prepare to apply? Contact a representative to discuss available opportunities and apply now:Contact A Procurement Ally
Youth Activities CounselorApply Now Job ID 370831BR Location , United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Cruise Line Date posted 07/24/2017
Advance your career, as you travel the globe with a world-renowned leader in the cruise industry! As a Youth Activities Counselor, you will be responsible for interacting with and supervising children, ages 3-17. Additionally, as a member of our Youth Activities department aboard our ships, you will be expected to provide a safe environment for children of all ages to enjoy themselves.
ResponsibilitiesYour ability to be flexible with your work schedule, job duties, and work locations will be essential as you start your new adventure in the Youth Activities department. As a Youth Activities Counselor (YAC,) you will work in partnership with our Youth Entertainment Host Team, by providing program support, to ensure all department and shipboard objectives are successfully met.
Showcase your leadership, creativity and talent, by facilitating and presenting small scale activities. As a YAC, you will also assist in set-up and clean-up duties at the conclusion of each program and/or activity. This includes, cleaning and sanitization of spaces and objects as well. Passion, coupled with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude is a must for Youth Activities Counselors, as they work to provide an emotionally and physically safe environment for children.
It is important to note that this role will require you to engage with guests both on the ship, as well as on our private island, Castaway Cay. Caring for Guests is a priority at Disney Cruise Line, so Youth Activities Counselors are expected to extend the same level of care, regardless of the location, at all times.
- 3+ seasons (3 months each) of overnight and/or day camp experience
- Minimum of 2 seasons (3 months each) of overnight and/or day camp experience PLUS 1 year experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment in recreation, resort, day care, before/after school care setting with children
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment in recreation, resort, day care, before/after school care setting
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English
- Must be able to command the attention of a large group of children, up to 200 children at one time
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, shipboard environment with limited contact with friends and family on shore
- Ability to work without a day off for 4 ½ months at a time, and work 70-84 hours per week
- Be able to adhere to Disney Cruise Line appearance guidelines
- Comply with all company set policies and procedures, along with all maritime and ship rules, regulations and procedures
- Schooling in recreation, education, or related field of study
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Microphone experience
- Experience working with children with special needs
Company OverviewDisney Cruise Line has established itself as a globally-recognized leader in entertainment and hospitality. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally. Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to flourish and work for one of the most festive and innovative companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
This is a SHIPBOARD role.
Average contract length is 4 ½ months on, 6-8 weeks off. You must be willing to share a cabin with other crew members, and be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations. A valid passport and C1/D Seaman’s Visa is required, along with successfully completing a pre-employment medical, and criminal background check.
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.