Animator Vancouver, BCApply NowApply Later Job ID oenMefwl Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Feb. 26, 2021
The Animator creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures, characters and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and works under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project
- Participate as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
- Responsible for acting as a “mentor” to Entry Level Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots
- Perform other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation
What we’re looking for
- You probably have 3 or more years of relevant professional VFX experience and a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in traditional animation or computer animation
- Demonstrate experience working in computer animation with a focus on detailed, hyper real mocap and facial performance
- Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while demonstrating exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by a portfolio, demo reel and/or references
- Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting; expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
- Ability to take on a delegated task with a minimum of supervision
- Excellent organization and communication skills
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.