Assistant VFX Editor Vancouver, BCApply NowApply Later Job ID oGkL9fwE Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Mar. 30, 2019
Assists with daily tasks and editorial work as requested by a Lead or Senior VFX Editor on a Feature Production.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintain client cut with latest changes from client editorial and internal versions from multiple artist disciplines.
- Assist in preparing sequences for client review on a weekly basis.
- QC and ingest plates and on-set reference material provided by clients and scan facility.
- Maintain the in-house editorial database (Shotgun) tracking render lengths and adjusting cut lengths according to client updates for assigned show.
- Output visual and audio references of client cuts for artist and production use.
- Provide line-up information for retimes or post-moves to artists and supervisors.
- QC Editorial client deliverables and prepare avid media for upload.
- Import consolidated media from client.
- Assist in handling show wrap-up including various archiving tasks and editing finals and awards reels.
- Performs special projects under the supervision of the Lead Editor, production manager or VFX Supervisor, including show or asset reels.
Bachelors Degree in Film or related field desired, or equivalent experience.
Required Skills / Competencies
- 2+ years experience with Avid Media/Film Composer or other NLE.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules.
- Strong team player with good inter-personal and communication skills.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Knowledge of editorial materials and workflows (e.g., formats, codecs, transcoding, exporting etc).
- Adobe Premiere Pro experience.
- Shotgun experience.
- Linux & Mac experience.
- 1 year VFX experience (e.g., basic understanding of a VFX pipeline and team structure).
Proficient with Avid Media/Film Composer or other NLE.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.