Associate ProducerApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10007688 Location Vancouver, Canada Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Aug. 11, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Associate Producer is the master strategist for the production and is responsible, in partnership with the Producer and VFX Supervisor, for the timely delivery of the project on budget. The AP ensures that the show progresses according to plan and that schedule, budget and scope of the production are consistently aligned.
The Associate Producer functions as a strategic and tactical advisor to the Producer and manages the asset and shot production leadership on the show, supporting their pursuit of creative excellence, while guiding the allocation of resources towards their endeavor. In addition, the Associate Producer interfaces with Studio leadership, Department Management, HR and Technology departments as well as the Associate Producers on other productions.
This is a regular, full-time, staff position located in our Vancouver studio. Relocation eligibility may be determined based on role and individual circumstances.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• In partnership with the VFX Supervisor, create a strategic approach to the production of the film, including the budget, scope parameters and detailed schedule for its execution.
• Ensure the creative leadership team works well together and manage them towards reaching and delivering the creative goals of the film within pre-identified resource parameters.
• Work closely with Production Management and Team Leadership to ensure high level objectives are clearly understood and communicated to crew.
• Maintain up-to-date schedule and publish to all show leadership, including department heads and Production Supervisors.
• Determine complexity measurements and consistently gauge the film to keep it within its schedule and budget.
• Function as tactical consultant to the creative leadership, offering suggestions and alternatives to push their creative vision within production and budget constraints.
• Support the VFX Sup and department leaders in their partnership with Technology.
• Mentor direct reports and production staff to strengthen their leadership skills, production knowledge and collaboration.
• Work with HR on all employee relations issues elevated to the AP.
• Keep studio leadership informed on issues, concerns and show strategy by leading regular production updates and plan presentations.
• Creates an inclusive and safe work environment by carefully managing sensitive information, making rooms feel open and comfortable, creating space for everyone to have a voice, and addressing bias when it occurs.
• In tight conjunction with Artistic Leadership and Department Managers, manages, motivates and creates an environment conducive to achieving goals and artistic achievements; looking for opportunities to improve department and project morale.
• Contributes to the overall development of team members through setting expectations, delivering consistent constructive feedback, recognition, and accountability.
• Deliver performance reviews with Production Management and the Head of CG and/or Artistic Director to direct reports; help manage career growth of direct reports; provide recommendations for promotions.
• Partnering with the Department Manager, oversee department-planning issues as well as help in managing conflict within the department - including reporting issues to HR and leadership when necessary.
• Maintains composure and optimism during times of change; sets a positive tone and acts as an example to the rest of the team.
Collaboration & Communication:
• Take lead in interdepartmental integration and communication. Arbitrate decisions when there is disagreement. Provide continuity and unity across the CG teams.
• Models and fosters a collaborative work environment between individuals on the various teams and across departments.
• Identifies solutions and compromises in partnership with their direct reports and Production leadership.
• Provides regular updates to Production and Studio leadership on the progress, health, and direction of the team.
• Keeps the team informed with context for show related changes and updates.
• Actively fosters an inclusive, innovative, and collaborative environment so every employee can contribute at the highest levels.
• Engages in the creation and/or consultation of technical standards, pipeline conventions, and workflows to support the department, show, and studio.
• Partners closely with peers and Department Managers to support an environment of creativity, trust, and innovation.
• Minimum 5-years of work experience as an Associate Producer, Digital Producer, Line Producer or Production Manager on feature films.
• Extensive knowledge of CG pipelines, workflows and production management across the various CG departments.
• Extensive knowledge of pre-production workflows and management, including storyboarding, editorial and visual development.
• Experience with the recruitment, training and supervision of production management personnel.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Ability in assessing a variety of production situations and assessing options in a balanced way which supports creative and artistic excellence as well as budget and schedule.
• Ability to negotiate and navigate challenging situations and competing priorities.
• An affinity and passion for filmmaking and animated films, in particular
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Animation Studios Vancouver Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.