CG Talent Manager Vancouver, BCApply Now Apply Later Job ID oA8ncfw1 Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Feb. 28, 2020
The CG Talent Manager is responsible for managing up to 100 CG artists across a portfolio of disciplines, including career development, performance management and resource scheduling. ILM is looking for an exceptionally talented, committed and seasoned Talent Manager with a passion for delivering unparalleled client service.
• Manages a portfolio of artists, and as needed, provides support / back-up for other CG Talent Managers;
• Develops and maintains current and future resource need models as required based on input from show project teams and other sources;
• Communicates pro-actively with show project leaders and creative supervision regarding overall project requirements, crewing needs (start / end dates) and project milestones, anticipating and flagging challenges as required;
• Maintains overview of crew utilization using proprietary resource management system;
• Facilitates continuous feedback cycle through project mid- and post-mortems, end-of-show and annual performance review processes; gives timely, actionable and constructive feedback as needed to help CG artists grow and improve to meet specific objectives or long-term career goals;
• Collaborates with Recruitment function to define and meet current and future talent acquisition goals;
• Collaborates with Human Resources function to establish and maintain competitive employee engagement strategy (compensation, terms of employment)
• Represents and nourishes studio culture through thoughtful, transparent and focussed leadership.
Reports to the Executive in Charge (Vancouver Studio).
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Film Production, HR, or Communications
• Minimum of five years’ experience in an artist management / resource management function in post-production visual effects, animation or gaming
• Understanding of CG terminology, and a thorough understanding of the processes and disciplines involved in CG post-production
• Demonstrates awareness of up- and downstream needs of stakeholders, including Production, CG Artists, and support teams (Recruitment, HR)
• Focus on strategic approach with the ability to address unexpected challenges in stride; calm, “can-do” attitude with an emphasis on collaborative communication.
• Anticipates risks / challenges and pro-actively develops alternatives with key stakeholders
• Proven analytical skills, effective scheduling and time management abilities
• Excellent administrative, organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with a diverse range of personality types, perspectives and talents
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, indefinite position offering three weeks’ paid vacation, health and dental benefits including MSP, life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, and contributory RRSP participation after a qualifying period. Our studio offers a free on-site fitness centre. Expected salary range is :$72,000 - $118,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.undefined
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.