Concept Artist - Expression of Interest Vancouver, BCApply NowApply Later Job ID o5ytafw0 Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Nov. 14, 2020
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Concept Artist creates Concept art for visual effects in feature films. Works as part of a team of artists executing CG and traditional artwork, helping create artwork that adheres to a specific design or “look” of a show.
What You'll Do:
- Creation of dynamic artwork that illustrates various stories and scripts
- Ensures work is done according to specifications outlined by the Director/Key Creatives of a show
- Implements any changes and incorporates feedback from Art Directors into artwork
- Actively participates in dailies and transmissions
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or proven experience as a Concept Artist in the Entertainment Industry including Visual Effects or Games
- Experience or knowledge of cinematic techniques, language and shot composition (advantage)
- Demo reel and/or portfolio required
- Developed “eye” and strong aesthetic
- Demonstrated understanding and creation of photo real work
- Experience creating some or all of the following: environments, hard surface, and creature design, matte paintings, shot elements, storyboards (advantage)
- Ability to work closely with Art Department leadership and within a production environment
- Ability to work under pressure while implementing changes based on input from multiple sources
- Proficiency in design software required (Photoshop, Painter, Sketch- up, Modo, etc, z-brush)
- Ability to assemble research and reference material that will be influential to clients and design team
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.