Creature Technical Director Vancouver, BCApply NowApply Later Job ID oUPU7fwu Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Oct. 10, 2018
The Creature Technical Director is responsible for rigging and enveloping hero to background creature, vehicles and props in Maya. The Creature Technical Director is able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of their supervisors; and has the ability to run flesh-surface, hair, rigid sim, crowd, and/or cloth simulations.
- Provide rigging and enveloping in Maya for various vehicles, characters, and creatures
- Run cloth, hair, rigid body, crowd, or muscle simulations
- Troubleshoot creature pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines
- Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in Maya
- Participate in reviews, dailies, and department meetings as required
- Mentor entry level artists
- Special projects as necessary
Education / Experience
- 3 years relevant professional experience and a diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR, 5 years of relevant experience in lieu of education.
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
- Experience as Maya rigger for assets in digital animation, visual effects, games, commercials
- Experience running simulation shotwork
- Experience in corrective sculpting
- Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping
- Positive attitude and team player
- Good communication skills
Preferred Skills / Technical Competencies
- Experience with Massive or Houdini crowd software
- Basic proficiency in another discipline - modeling, texture, TD, animation
- Proficiency with Linux
- Expertise with Maya
- Experience with python scripting
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.