Digital Resource Manager Vancouver, BC
Vancouver, British Columbia, CanadaApply NowApply Later
Job ID oQmTgfw5 Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Sep. 11, 2021
The Digital Resource Manager serves as the liaison for digital resources and data pipeline information between Production, CG Supervisors, Artists and Technical support staff and is responsible for tracking and managing all digital information through the CG pipeline.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze production resource usage trends and anticipates upcoming requirements to ensure the most efficient use of digital resources
- Proactively work with Production and Technology to build consensus, recommend, determine and ultimately implement/operationalize appropriate policies and procedures around digital resource management
- Assist with documenting all new policies/changes/updates and progress for the project so as to create an historical record as well as a practical manual for ongoing process management for the function/role
- Work cooperatively with the Production and Technology teams to ensure show adopts and follows proper data management procedures
- Proactively evaluate data workflow to constantly look for and recommend areas to improve efficiency and responsiveness to production needs
- Assist Production and Technology in meeting current resource management needs while planning and preparing a strong resource management framework and foundation to support planned future growth
- Partner with Technology and Production to review data workflow and to define improvements in tools and technical processes to allow more effective management, tracking, and forecasting of resources
- Monitor disk space and reports status to production and technology teams
- Proactively manage processor load/requirements, reporting problems to production and technology teams
- Perform other data maintenance, including tape backup and restore, as required
- Modify scripts where needed for trackingor reporting
- Serve as a liaison between CG staff and other disciplines
- Create disk and processor projections based on historical data
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Film Production or equivalent degree
- 5 + years relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Strong people skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities
- Strong time management skills; Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings
- Highly motivated
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a high pressure, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- High technical quality control
- To have a strong work ethic with dedicated and high customer service
- Knowledge and experience of UNIX/Linux & Windows operating systems
- Strong scripting language (e.g. Python) and programming language (e.g. C/C++) is highly desired
- Database knowledge preferred (e.g. Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Knowledge of networking, tape backup systems, hardware a plus
- VFX, Feature Animation or Episodic production experience is highly desired
- Proven data driven decision-making a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.