Executive in Charge, Vancouver Studio Vancouver, BCApply Now Apply Later Job ID odGXcfwM Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jun. 26, 2020
DescriptionThe Executive in Charge is responsible for partnering with creative leadership to ensure successful delivery of VFX productions while overseeing studio operations in ILM’s Vancouver Studio.
We are looking for a proven leader who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
Primary ResponsibilitiesOn any given day, you might partner with Global Executives, Vancouver’s Creative Director, and Global Executive Producers to:
- Provide production leadership to the studio by embracing best practices and proactively monitoring shows to drive strategies for successful delivery, including accommodating VFX changes and growth, solving resource capacity/utilization conflicts and managing complex challenges across the portfolio.
- Oversee Vancouver CG talent strategy and management. Strategize on key creative and production casting.
- Manage Vancouver artist capacity and assignments in a fluid and global production environment.
- Oversee artist utilization, recruiting, career development, technology, training, overhead & show budgets as well as facilities operations for the Vancouver studio.
- Work with Global Executives and the Vancouver Senior Manager of HR to implement Diversity & Inclusion strategy, org development, change management, and compensation strategy.
- Lead day-to-day Vancouver studio operations by delivering internal communication, promoting culture building, facilitating public relations, resolving facility issues, and steering studio events.
- Manage studio P&L; plan and manage annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts; manage overhead costs and tax credit reviews; review and approve budgets for all Vancouver departments.
- Work with the Head of Technology and Director of Studio Technology on Vancouver-based initiatives.
Required Skills / CompetenciesHere are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
- You have a strong understanding of visual effects techniques, VFX bidding and scheduling, and artist management. You are a pro at partnering with creatives.
- People follow your lead. You are a compelling communicator with an informed point of view.
- You are an outstanding people manager/supervisor, mentor and collaborator with experience as a leader in a global organization.
- You are excited to ensure the long-term success of the studio.
- You are able to travel as needed.
- You probably have ten or more years experience in show and department leadership at large scale motion picture production companies or VFX companies. If not, consider applying anyway.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Film, Art, Communications or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.