Junior Matchmove / Layout Artist (TV) Vancouver, BCApply Now Apply Later Job ID oS0tbfwg Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Nov. 01, 2019
The Junior Matchmove / Layout Artist’s role is to ensure a smoothly running environment for the artists of the Layout Department, while keeping strong communication with the other departments. This position requires a pro-active individual with good people skills. The position reports to layout supervisor on the show.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Day-to-day show support
- Troubleshoot flow of data in/out of department
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Entry level shot work, time permitting
- Strong, honest, communication and follow through; Proactive, self-sufficient individual
- Responsible for escalation of tech issues to appropriate show or tech group
- Some background in visual arts a plus
- Collaboration with stage team may be required
- Create reusable templates
- Support Layout Supervisor with vendor shot ingestion and quality control
- Mocap processing in shot production
- Able to solve straightforward matchmoves of single plate shots
- Understands the process of setting up a new shot
- Understands process of 2D tracking and solving the camera, exporting and maketaking them
- Create and maintain web documentation for the department for everyday workflow, on-location field guides, reference photography, 3D scanning, and camera and lens test procedures
- Software testing
- Maintain database of cameras and lenses
- Location laptop set up or QC
Reports to the Senior Production Manager and receives daily oversight and direction from the CG or Layout Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Design or Photography, and equivalent experience as an artist, animator, or camera operator.
- Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television
- Experience with still photography and in-depth camera knowledge, familiarity with lenses
- Interest in photography, camera lenses, motion capture
- Experience with Maya and Photoshop.
- Scripting knowledge (Python, Mel) a plus
- Proficiency with Linux is desired.
- Experience with commercial camera tracking software a plus.
- A demo reel or portfolio demonstrating a strong understanding of camera lens is required.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.