Motion Capture Production Assistant (StageCraft) Vancouver, BCApply NowApply Later Job ID oRSjhfw3 Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Oct. 19, 2021
This entry level position assists the Virtual Production team while providing an opportunity to learn about the onset virtual production environment and process at ILM. The Motion Capture Production Assistant works directly with the Motion Capture, Stage Technician and Virtual Production Brainbar teams.
What You’ll Do
- Ongoing care and upkeep of virtual production and mocap systems including machines, cameras, tracking objects, and cabling organization
- Assist with setup of all StageCraft equipment including workstations, monitors, networking, and motion capture systems
- Assist with Vicon hardware adjustments as directed by Motion Capture Supe and/or Mocap TD.
- Help fix the tracking objects and move cameras as directed
- Runner for Virtual Production TDs as needed for layout and calibrations
- Lend a hand to the Virtual Production engineer on media systems
- Become versed in video routing, motion capture systems, and video control software
- Aid the motion capture team in day-to-day onset activities, assist in production errands and tasks, and be the go-to for general needs to the entire virtual production crew
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in film production or equivalent preferred
- Basic knowledge of basic A/V signal flow
- Computer literacy; word processing and spreadsheet experience helpful. G Suite experience a plus
- Basic Linux, Windows, and OSX skills
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
- Ability to work extended hours as and when required
- Ability to use own transportation to fulfill job tasks and travel as needed
- Basic knowledge of motion capture and tracking workflows
- Ideally on set experience, preferably in a mocap, virtual production, or technical role
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.