Motion Capture Supervisor (StageCraft) Vancouver, BCApply NowApply Later Job ID ogXWgfw9 Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Sep. 16, 2021
DescriptionThe Motion Capture Supervisor will oversee the motion capture, data collection, and camera tracking systems on set. They are responsible for set up of capture systems in a volume as well as establishing workflows with Camera and Virtual Production departments to ensure quality data capture and stream during production.
What You'll Do
- Prepare stage and capture systems for real-time capture in a live action shooting environment in collaboration with the Virtual Production Supervisor
- Oversee motion capture system setup, calibration, and operation during shooting
- Ensure quality real-time camera tracking data and the integrity of all captured data
- Regular work with Stagecraft team to verify position and alignment of tracked camera in a volume
- Direct layout of motion capture cameras and makes adjustments in response to changing conditions on set
- Responsible for maintenance of markers (passive and active) and tracking objects for use on cameras, props, occasionally actors, and for set registration
- Work with the camera department to ensure tracking objects and other sensors (such as FIZ logger) are always attached and calibrated, to ensure quality realtime tracking data
- Coordinate camera offset and lens calibration during lens changes
- Ensure recording of motion capture and camera data for each take, keep slate names in sync with production
- Ensure synchronization of timecode between camera, audio and motion capture systems
- Responsible for uptime of the realtime data-stream
What We're Looking For
- On-set motion capture experience required.
- Experience with setup and operation of Vicon Motion Capture systems and software.
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production.
- Must be highly computer literate with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems.
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and live-action film production
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Fabrication skills for production and maintenance of tracking objects preferred.
- Familiarity with video hardware and signals preferred.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.