Production Assistant (TV) Vancouver, BCApply Now Apply Later Job ID ou7tbfwZ Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Nov. 29, 2019
The Industrial Light & Magic, Ltd, Vancouver, Production Assistant is an entry-level position that provides administrative and backup support to the production team while providing an opportunity to learn about the production environment and process at ILM. They can be temporary positions but may evolve into longer term roles.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support the Production team in day to day activities, assist in production errands and tasks, and be the go-to for general needs to the entire crew.
- Technical Assistance: Will need some technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings.
- Conference room setup and troubleshooting, Viewstation setup and troubleshooting, basic technical troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues).
- Manage cc lists for reviews, shot notifications, tools updates, etc.
- Meeting Setup: PA will be tasked with notifying crew of all meeting/review times and locations (and making sure they attend), prepping the review playlists, and possibly taking notes. Act as assistant to the Production Coordinators/Managers to help follow up on items after various meetings.
- Internal Tracking Database: Will assist Production Coordinators in making sure internal tracking tools are up to date.
- Schedule and Shot Tracking: Assist the Production Coordinators and Managers in making sure the physical schedule boards are up to date and all VFX elements are accounted for (matching the Internal Tracking Database).
- Show Schedule: Responsible for overall show calendar in keeping everyone on the same page of what’s happening on a daily basis (dailies, meetings, client reviews, etc)
- Contact Information: Maintain internal crew and client contact information, all internal email aliases for the show, and show webpage.
- In charge of the ordering, delivery, and clean up of meals as needed (lunch, dinner, weekend), for a crew of 50-150. Conceive, order, and set up of thematic crew parties, as needed.
- Shipping and receiving (digital): charged with delivering and receiving all files linked between clients, external vendors, and internal crew at various locations. Keep a meticulous account of all files transferred.
- Shipping and receiving (practical): Prep, ship, receive, and keep a detailed account of all models, props, and media drives shared between various contacts.
- Office maintenance: Organize the production office, order office supplies, keep the printer supplied with paper, etc.
- Organize and maintain the digital reference repository (digital artwork, movies, etc). Also print physical copies of any reference when needed.
- Required to book travel and accommodations for show leadership.
- Principle handler for all show expense reports.
- Care of show petty cash, and accounting for spending.
Reports to the Senior Production Manager in Vancouver.
- Bachelor’s degree in film production or equivalent preferred.
- Experience from productions in a range of episodic television genres.
- Minimum two years of related experience preferred, but not required.
- Computer literacy; word processing and spreadsheet experience helpful.
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with Google Suite.
- This position is on a guaranteed 40 hour work week, with daily overtime and some Saturday work required.
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time.
- Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television.
- Excellent computer skills including: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience with databases and wide range of production management tools (such as Shotgun, Filemaker Pro, MS Project).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.