Production Coordinator (TV) Vancouver, BCApply Now Apply Later Job ID ow7tbfw1 Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Nov. 29, 2019
The Industrial Light & Magic, Ltd, Vancouver, Production Assistant is an entry-level position that provides administrative and backup support to the production team while providing an opportunity to learn about the production environment and process at ILM. They can be temporary positions but may evolve into longer term roles.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Collaborate closely with your discipline supervisors and/or leads in crewing, casting and scheduling your discipline’s body of work, keeping in mind the overall show schedule, client reviews, bids, and other discipline needs.
- Establish a process for communicating discipline targets, assignments, and priorities to your artist crew, as well as the overall show crew. This should be daily and/or weekly.
- Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within the ILM Internal Tracking Tool as well working with Production Managers to display the information in a physical form (magnet boards / conference rooms) in order to be visible to the team.
- Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external (client) deadlines. Check in with artists on a regular basis regarding workload, targets, needs, etc
- Set up turnovers with discipline crew. Communicate turnover information to all artists assigned to asset(s) or shot(s).
- Track client needs, reviews and deliveries to make sure your discipline hits their targets.
- Keep a weekly synopsis of your discipline’s accomplishments and next steps.
- If coordinating work from an external company, establish a process for working with them that fits with your production team, supervisors, and leads.
- Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Share updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots at any given moment.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to leadership team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner.
- Supervise, delegate to, and train assigned Production Assistant(s).
- Be the primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of your discipline Supe/Lead. Take notes regarding feedback and resolutions made and enter any required information into the Internal Tracking System/communicate to all so as to provide updates to all others impacted.
- Technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings.
- Conference room, Viewstation and basic technical setup and troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues).
- Prioritization and escalation of technical support issues.
- Ability to learn basic commands required to assist artists in file organization, submitting shots and QC-ing movies.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Reserve equipment and resources needed for location and stage work; monitor schedules to avoid conflicts.
- May accompany VFX Supervisor and Matchmover on location for blue screen and principle photography work. Responsible for camera reports, shot information sheets, and matchmove information. Must be able to recognize and report back to ILM production any changes to shots that affect the budget.
- Travel for plate shoots.
- Work on the same schedule as first or second unit production when on location.
Reports to the Senior Production Manager in Vancouver.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Art, Drama or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Three years work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of post production techniques and terminology.
- Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres.
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of UNIX required. Familiarity with Google Suite.
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television.
- This position is on a guaranteed 40 hour work week, with daily overtime and some Saturday work required.
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time.
- Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.