Production Finance LeadApply NowApply Later Job ID 877926BR Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Oct. 22, 2021
- Partner with Production leadership to create and manage production schedules and budgets that deliver quality productions on budget and on time.
- Run production planning scenarios and analyses and present relevant findings to stakeholders
- Understand and report on production progress, collaborating with production department supervisors to understand how production data is captured and managed
- Provide insights to show and studio leadership on key assumptions, levers, and risk, through thorough understanding of drivers of plan, progress against goals, and scenario and metric analyses
- Anticipate problems, adapt to changing scenarios, strategize, and recommend solutions.
- Communicate issues and problem-solve using critical reasoning, active listening, and knowledge of animation production processes.
- Establish and maintain proper accounting, tracking and reporting of production costs
- Manage the preparation of EFC reports, cash flow and HC projections, and production status reports
- Partner with production management and artist managers to align project staffing assumptions
- Partner with Finance leader to provide and understand all process and production requirements to achieve eligibility for tax incentives and application of the tax incentives
- Collaborate with Production Finance team (across Burbank and Vancouver) to establish best practices, maintain consistency, and elevate team through shared insights
- Assist and advise production and finance management by providing data and highlighting issues with financial implications for relevance
- Partner with Finance leader to understand key assumptions in production cash flows and headcount, and the risks and implications for the studio run-rate
- Help to communicate and execute on studio-wide strategic initiatives
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5-7 years of prior work experience, preferably with a media/entertainment company, consulting firm, entrepreneurial venture, or other applicable environment/role
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and forecasting skills; strong background in Excel modeling and scenario analysis
- Detail-oriented and ability to make sound cost accounting decisions
- Capacity to thrive and grow in a creative, dynamic, results-oriented environment, and to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaborative spirit and desire to help and develop professional relationships
- Ability to work independently and to drive projects to timely completion
- Ability to balance big picture issues and detailed analysis
- Passion for the entertainment industry, animation and technology
- SAP experience or knowledge is a plus
- Visual effects, digital animation or any entertainment industry a plus
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.