Senior CompositorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10060988 Location Vancouver, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Aug. 31, 2023
Compositors combine live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The Senior Compositor ultimately maintains the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots
- Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading on difficult shots
- Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work
- Create generic looks for other artists to apply
- Work collaboratively with artists from other disciplines
- Independently provide solutions to technical and aesthetic problems with minimal direction, and can handle the most difficult tasks under intense time pressure
What We’re Looking For
- At least 5 years relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least 7 years relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education
- Strong knowledge of Nuke
- Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and colour
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong sense of composition, color and design
- Ideal candidate has strong fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting
Nice to have:
- Can quickly learn new software and techniques
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with using Linux systems
- Previous experience in look development and sequence supervision is ideal
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins
- Python and/or C+
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ILM (Vancouver) Inc., which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.