Senior Creature Technical Director Vancouver, BCApply NowApply Later Job ID o7RU7fwJ Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Oct. 10, 2018
Industrial Light & Magic (Vancouver) Inc., located in Vancouver, BC, the Senior Creature Technical Director handles rigging and enveloping hero to background creature, vehicles and props in Maya as well as setting up and running flesh-surface, hair, rigid, crowd, and cloth simulations. The Senior Creature Technical Director is able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction of their supervisors.
What You’ll Do
- Advanced Hero-creature rigging and enveloping in Maya
- Set up and run cloth, hair, rigid body, crowd, muscle simulations
- Troubleshoot creature rigging and pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines
- Mentor entry level artists
- Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in Maya
- Sufficient knowledge of Maya rigging techniques to optimize the performance of rigs
- Participate in reviews, dailies, and department meetings as required
- Special projects as necessary
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years relevant professional experience and at least college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR, at least 7 years relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
- Experience with advanced hero asset rigging and enveloping in Maya
- Experience setting up and running simulation shotwork
- Experience in corrective sculpting. Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping
- Positive Attitude and team player
- Passion for the work
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency with Linux
- Expertise with Maya
- Experience with python scripting
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Nice to have:
- Experience with Massive or Houdini crowd software
- Basic proficiency in another discipline -modeling, texture, TD, animation
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.