Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, Human Resources Vancouver, BCApply Now Apply Later Job ID o1TAafwo Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jul. 20, 2019
The Senior Manager, Human Resources is responsible for leading and managing the HR function, operations, and team in the Vancouver studio. Partners with Studio Executive Leadership and Management to develop HR strategies and initiatives that align with the studio.
- HR Business Partner to Studio Executives and Management – provides coaching and direction on HR programs, policies, and processes, including employee relations, compensation strategy, talent planning, retention, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of high performance and continuous growth/development
- Partner with Studio Executives to develop and implement short and long term HR initiatives that align with the studio
- Provide leadership and oversight on HR programs and initiatives including talent management, employee experience, rewards and recognition, performance management, diversity and inclusion, and global mobility (immigration)
- In partnership with the Global HR Operations team, lead and manage HR operational functions including onboarding/off-boarding, talent workflow, immigration, relocation/transfers, benefits, and compliance
- Partner with Compensation team to manage total rewards, including annual merit reviews, bonus program, promotions, and out of cycle requests
- Resolve complex employee relations issues through coaching employees and managers, partnering with the Employee Relations Team
- Collaborate with Recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building talent pipeline
- Global HR projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years experience in HR, at least 5 years in a management or business partner role
- Minimum 2 years leading and managing a team of HR professionals
- Previous experience working in a creative environment in the entertainment industry (VFX, animation, video games, high tech) is preferred
- Demonstrated success in driving HR strategy to facilitate the achievement of business goals
- Strong business acumen – has good overall understanding of company financials and operations
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and build strong partnerships with leadership
- Experience in partnering with leadership during period of high growth and change
- Strong knowledge of employment law and ability to apply to a variety of situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated track record of successfully collaborating with leadership with the organization and across geographies
- Metrics driven mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Experience coaching and developing team capabilities
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion
- Ability to work within various time zones and adjust schedules as needed; ability to work overtime as needed
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.