Senior Production Coordinator (VFX) - Expression of InterestApply NowApply Later Job ID 10014445 Location Vancouver, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jan. 10, 2023
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Primary emphasis is on scheduling, communication and coordination for a specific group (discipline) of artists (or multiple groups) on any given project. Reports to Project (“Show”) Producer and Production Manager, while also working with other Coordinators on the project in keeping the show operating in an organized and efficient manner. Coordinators are significant points of information on the show and need to be able to balance multiple needs, projects, and tasks at one time. Senior Coordinators are also responsible for working with and delegating to the project Production Assistants. Each Coordinator works closely with their specific group of artists’ Supervisor or Lead in crewing, scheduling, and managing that group’s body of work, and the Senior Coordinator must be able to coordinate the work of the large, complex departments, with a degree of autonomy.
What You’ll Do
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of Coordinator role, with the ability to work independently, without the daily oversight of higher-level production
- Manage the work of 3rd party vendors, including updating Shotgrid tasks, ensuring all work is reviewed and feedback is given in a timely manner, and helping provide Vendor Quotes alongside the Production Manager
- Work closely with your discipline supervisors and/or leads in crewing, casting and scheduling your discipline’s body of work, keeping in mind the overall show schedule, client reviews, bids, and other discipline needs
- Establish a process for communicating discipline targets, assignments, and priorities to your discipline crew, as well as the overall show crew. This should be daily and/or weekly
- Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within the ILM Internal Tracking Tool
- Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external (client) deadlines. Check in with artists on a regular basis regarding workload, targets, needs, etc
- Set up turnovers with discipline crew. Communicate turnover information to all artists assigned to assets or shot
- Track client needs, reviews and deliveries to make sure your discipline hits their targets
- Keep a weekly synopsis of discipline accomplishments and next steps
- If coordinating work from an external company, establish a process for working with them that fits with your production team, supervisors, and leads
- Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Provide updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots at any given moment.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to leadership team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner
- Supervise and delegate to, and sometimes train assigned Production Assistant(s)
- Act as primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of your discipline Supe/Lead. Take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and enter any required information into the Internal Tracking System/communicate to all so as to provide updates to all others impacted.
- Technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings
- Conference room, Viewstation and basic technical setup and troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues)
- Prioritization and escalation of technical support issues
- Ability to learn basic commands required to assist artists in file organization, submitting shots and QC-ing movies
- Perform special projects as needed
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Art, Drama or related field or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 4 years in the VFX Production environment
- Proven work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of post production techniques and terminology.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines
- Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Understanding of Linux required
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
- Role may require weekend work depending on show schedules. Ability to work overtime as needed.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ILM (Vancouver) Inc., which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.