Senior Software Engineer, Render ServicesApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10008472 Location Vancouver, Canada Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Aug. 11, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Walt Disney Animation Studios is seeking a Senior Software Engineer - Render Services to collaborate with world-class filmmakers, artists, and technical engineers to create the magic of animation. Bring your unique talents, passion and ideas to our team and prepare to play in a creative, artist-friendly environment.
The Platform Engineering team at Walt Disney Animation Studios is responsible for building tools and managing infrastructure that artists use daily to assist with creating celebrated feature animation films. The team designs, implements, and manages the software, tools, and infrastructure for artist desktop, storage, and Render Farm systems. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with strong expertise in Linux to innovate and support the tools and services needed for our current and future films. The need for this position is motivated by the expanding needs of film production at Walt Disney Animation Studios. As such, this role will primarily support technology initiatives focused on our Vancouver studio users, but will also collaborate on large scale projects with our Burbank teams as well.
The Senior Software Engineer will provide Technical guidance to provide Walt Disney Animation Studios with highly available and scalable Linux infrastructure services. This includes system analysis, design, troubleshooting, and integration of new products and developing tools and strategies to improve existing systems.
Our studio thrives from a wide variety of technical backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage applicants to apply even if they do not meet all requirements listed below.
Bring your unique talents, passion and ideas to our team, and be a part of Disney’s creative legacy!
- Architect, implement and support infrastructure to deliver systems and services with high availability and reliability.
- Architect the design and implementation of Render Farm, Storage, and job scheduling software.
- Perform cross-functional troubleshooting of complex issues.
- Demonstrated ownership for the projects delivered by your new team and
- A passion for mentoring, learning, and adapting to a very dynamic and fast
- paced environment.
- A proven ability to work with product teams to translate requirements into
- well-defined technical implementations, as well as the ability to define.
- A keen eye for potential optimizations and/or enhancements to our services
- Manage multiple projects, balance, and prioritize work.
- Document engineering solutions so that services are delivered in an effective and efficient manner.
- Perform special projects, other duties or functions as requested by management or assigned.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with all team members, partners, and customers and demonstrates a willingness to collaborate on all things.
- Adhere to all policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant work experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience.
- Expertise in design and management of tools and services dedicated to Linux desktop, storage, and render farm operations.
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude for working with a technical team to develop requirements and strategies to support the Linux infrastructure.
- Strong programming (C/C++ and Python or other related programming languages).
- Understanding of Linux Kernel and/or System Level design and native C APIs.
- Familiarity with QT C++ APIs.
- Strong Knowledge of Network attached storage and access protocols, such as NFS or SMB.
- Great communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with both relational and non-relational database technologies such as MongoDB, ELK, and Postgres.
- AWS, GCP or any other cloud platforms.
- Experience with Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Media and Entertainment workflows.
- Basic understanding of network routing, switching and network security principles.
- Knowledge of Storage Area networking.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.