Senior Texture Artist (Feature Animation & VFX) - Expression of InterestApply NowApply Later Job ID 10011560 Location Vancouver, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Sep. 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Senior Texture Artist creates the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
What You’ll Do
- Works independently and with production team (VFX Supervisor, Texture Supervisor, Look Dev Supervisor) at an advanced level to execute the desired look of complicated CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments
- Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Mentors junior and mid-level Artists
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
What We’re Looking For
- At least five years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least seven years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education
- Proficient in Maya, Mari, Zbrush, Photoshop and UV unwrapping tools
- Ability to navigate complex pipelines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Nice to Have:
- Modeling skills a plus
- Katana/Look Dev knowledge a plus
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ILM (Vancouver) Inc., which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.