Software Engineer – Production Technology (All Levels)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 886756BR Location Vancouver, Canada Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
At Walt Disney Animation Studios we have a deep commitment to the philosophy that creativity inspires technology, and technology inspires creativity. Engineers on our Production Technology team develop and implement new algorithms to solve challenging problems for all of our animated content. Through constant collaboration with artists and end users, Production Technology creates the tools, environments, and pipelines that our production teams use daily.
We are looking for software engineers for our Production Technology team. Whether it be adding new features to our authoring tools, or optimizing our artist workflows with the latest computer graphics techniques, our engineers work on captivating problems that directly affect how we create our films. With our new studio coming online to support the production of upcoming projects like Moana, we anticipate our engineers will tackle exciting new problems that will challenge the way we work.
While Production Technology engineers have a diverse range of skill sets, they are all able to understand what our users need, how they work, and ways to partner with stakeholders from around the Studio in order to deliver solutions. If evolving the way artists make films within a brand new studio sounds compelling, we’d love to hear from you.
What does it mean to be a part of Production Technology?
- Our engineers get the opportunity to work on the full stack of our tools, from developing the underlying algorithms, through to building intuitive & artist-friendly interfaces.
- We work in a collaborative, cross-site environment in the pursuit of simple and performant solutions to complex problems.
- The team works hand in hand with artists to make the tools we need for the incredibly complex and rich characters and environments featured in our movies.
- Develop new artist-centric interaction models using the latest hardware and technologies.
- Professional experience in a software developer role
- Proficiency in C++, strong software design and engineering skills
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Ability to develop and optimize algorithms for efficiency and scalability
- Exemplary communication, including the ability to engage with artists to understand their requirements and formulate practical solutions
- Degree in Computer Science or related professional experience
- Experience working in an Animation production environment
- Expertise in performance tuning and writing/debugging of parallel and vectorized code
- Other expertise: Maya, Houdini, USD, OpenGL, Qt, Python
- Post-graduate degree with specialization in Computer Science, Graphics, or comparable industry experience in a research, studio, or games environment
Additional Information:Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.