Sr. Manager, Finance - Expression of Interest Vancouver, BCApply NowApply Later Job ID oeRYdfw0 Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Nov. 10, 2020
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Oversees and manages the studio finance department with responsibility for all aspects of financial management, including financial reporting, budget / forecast preparation, expense management, tax and payroll. Manages and mentors local finance team.
What you'll doProduction Accounting
- Partner with Production and other ILM facilities to develop budgets, manage the EFC, and perform adhoc analysis (including scenario planning, cost projections, tax incentives)
- Ensure local production accounting records are appropriate maintained.
- Evaluates and updates bidding assumptions (rates, project staff, etc.)
- Review Vancouver EFC Budgets with production, hold them accountable to figures with EIC, and keep them informed of the larger global picture
- Ensure local Producers receive weekly Project reports/EFC information
- Drives studio and production analytics in areas such as Project EFC, overtime, tax credit scenarios
- Manage local production accounting staff
- Other responsibilities to support the global studio as required
Finance & Planning
- Partners with US FP&A group on annual plans, forecast updates, and five-year plans as well as related presentations
- Drives studio analytics in areas such as wage analysis, seniority targets, and CG overhead
- Develops budget and tracks capital expenses for Vancouver studio
- Drives department’s efforts to improve efficiency of processes and systems, and timeliness and relevance of deliverables
- Forecasts (annual, quarterly), tracking actual vs. forecast with EIC and department managers
- Participates in ILM global planning
- Local expert for ILM’s enterprise planning software (TM1)
- Manage local finance & accounting staff
- Other responsibilities (local and/or global) and adhoc analysis / exercises as required
Accounting & Tax
- Ensure accuracy of multi-currency month end processes (revenue recognition, deferred revenue reconciliation, intercompany charges, production credit accruals)
- Partners and provides support to external tax provider, ILM US and Disney tax on annual tax returns
- Own production credit tracking and processes including ensuring timely filing, accreditation filing, proactive audit documentation collection
- Oversee local tax provision with support of Disney tax
- Oversee control management of local purchasing (p-card, petty cash)
- Enforce other financial policies and controls
- Manages approval and payments processes locally, reinforcing financial policies to appropriate members, and following up where necessary.
- Work with local IT and facilities to ensure Capital Assets are properly tagged.
- Work with business affairs and local department managers to set up new vendors
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Commerce or similar
- Qualified accountant (CPA or equivalent)
- At least seven (7) years total working experience
- Production accounting experience with a general accounting foundation as opposed to a pure production foundation preferred
- Understanding of visual effects production is a plus, but not required
- Strong academics with relevant commercial accounting experience or an auditing background
- Experience dealing with payroll related costs
- Experience with Oracle and SAP preferred
- Experience with enterprise planning softwares (Cognos TM1 preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates organization skills; able to remain flexible and adaptable while working under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted as possible.
- Must be flexible, adaptable to working in creatively driven environment. Handles challenging issues with diplomacy. Able to facilitate cross-functional problem-solving.
- Ability to manage and mentor junior staff
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.