Sr RecruiterApply NowApply Later Job ID 788147BR Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Sep. 09, 2021
This role will bring an expertise of studio, creative and technical talent and utilize their knowledge of the Vancouver talent market, Animation industry and passion for people to attract and identify high performing candidates. They will partner with their hiring teams to understand desired candidate skillsets and advise clients on a talent slate that will enhance their department and craft. The Sr Recruiter will play an essential role in establishing a Recruitment infrastructure and advancing a diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive hiring practice. In alignment with our talent acquisition vision, day-day activities will entail project management, strategic staffing development, partnership with Artist Management and HR to support talent development, and impeccable recruitment execution. This role will be located in our Vancouver Studio.
Responsibilities:The ideal Sr Recruiter will guide their hiring teams through the recruiting process by consulting on the candidate profile, developing a sourcing strategy, attracting top talent, assessing candidates and successfully managing the offer process with various internal partners (Artist Management, HR, Compensation). The Sr Recruiter is responsible for maintaining a high level of transparency and communication in their actions and keeping their hiring teams and partners up to date with their recruitment efforts and candidate pools.
- Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing/recruiting strategy and infrastructure in Vancouver
- Manage customer and candidate expectations
- Optimize recruiting programs and partner with team members on critical recruiting initiatives that drive operational excellence
- Project manage the day to day recruitment operations through the development and execution of full life cycle recruitment plans; ensuring the candidate, team, and partner experiences are met with exceptional service delivery
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating and employing candidates for multiple disciplines
- Actively drive a diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive hiring practice.
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management
- Develop the search strategy, occasionally in partnership with a Sourcer, including identifying and attracting passive candidates and anticipated time frame of the search
- Adheres to recruitment ATS policies and processes by utilizing system for sourcing and tracking of candidates and activity
- Meets established hiring targets, manage client relationships, and interact with hiring managers to discuss specific requirements
- Drive facilitation of continuous improvement via measurement tools and recruitment analytics
- Participate in special projects/task forces as assigned
- Use social media tools and marketing/branding techniques to engage both active and passive candidates
- Represent Company for recruiting purposes at identified networking and industry events, job fairs, conferences, and schools and participate in outreach strategy discussions
- 7+ years of prior recruiting experience preferably in an enterprise corporate recruiting and sourcing environment, with emphasis on hard to fill disciplines
- Experience and ability to recruit and source at all levels and across creative, technical and overhead job titles
- Proven success creating original sourcing/recruiting strategies as well as have the ability to effectively communicate sourcing/recruiting plans to all levels of clients within the organization
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships simultaneously
- Experience meeting time requirements to meet quantity, quality, diversity, and internal hiring goals
- Experience providing excellent service for clients and candidates throughout the recruiting process
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with leaders and peers within the organization both within and across geographical markets
- Demonstrated ability to leverage internal and external partnerships to attract and recruit talent
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A track record of demonstrating a strong work ethic, integrity and personal accountability
- Animation industry knowledge or relatable industry experience
- Experience reporting against recruiting metrics/ results to hiring leaders and business partners
- Experience working with recruiting including applicant tracking systems, talent relationship management tools and Excel spreadsheets
- Deep expertise using social media tools for attracting, marketing, engagement, networking, and sourcing; to include but not limited to: LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook
- Successful researching techniques using internet mining tools such as Broadlook, ZoomInfo, Hoovers, etc.
- Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement; ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships, continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to talent recruitment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Additional Information:Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.