Technical Project Manager (StageCraft) Vancouver, BC
Vancouver, British Columbia, CanadaApply NowApply Later
Job ID oeIbhfw8 Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Oct. 07, 2021
The Technical Project Manager will provide project management for the build out of Lucasfilm’s upcoming virtual production spaces and physical production technical deployments. This project will include managing the ordering of equipment, external vendors, rigging, systems design and integration; all within a physical soundstage space. Partnering closely with all Technical managers and the systems architect, s/he will establish overall project plans and schedules and will provide consistent reporting to all groups regarding the status of tasks against those plans, ensuring successful completion of the projects on time and on budget through resource planning, coordination and troubleshooting.
What You’ll Do
- Partners with Technical Managers and system architect, to set schedules, allocate resources, and track projects from design through to implementation.
- Manages project deliverables, milestones.
- Provides written and verbal project status reporting. Establishes and maintains the project plan, holds regularly scheduled status meetings. Maintains, updates, and publishes an ongoing issues list.
- Ensures completion of project through resource planning, coordination, troubleshooting and removal of any obstacles preventing project success.
- Ensures documentation is maintained on all systems.
- Forecasts and subsequently manages ongoing project budgets.
- Sets optimistic and enthusiastic tone; promoting communication and teamwork.
- Ensures that services are smoothly transitioned over to the operations team, including final documentation / training.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years project management experience, preferably technical project management experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Proven ability to work effectively with all level of management, including peer-to-peer collaboration.
- Proven ability to ensure completion of objectives and assignments.
- Strong leadership skills. Experience with financial forecasting, and budget reconciliation
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently, work with diverse personalities, and work within a high pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve in a high-paced creative environment which requires constraint, adaptability, and flexibility.
- Exceptional team player, able to work closely across multiple departments and business units with all individuals while demonstrating skills in diplomacy, flexibility, and patience.
- Experience in Film/Entertainment/Games production environment is a plus.
- Has a solid understanding of typical infrastructure technologies such as computers, storage, networking and video routing technologies.
- Has exposure to working on live action movie / TV sets and working with production companies / studio facilities teams a plus.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.