Technology Manager, InfrastructureApply NowApply Later Job ID 964654BR Location Vancouver, Canada Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Apr. 24, 2022
At Walt Disney Animation Studios we have a deep commitment to the philosophy that creativity inspires technology, and technology inspires creativity. The Infrastructure & Support group within Walt Disney Animation Studios manages critical infrastructure technology, and provides technical support for the entire Studio. Infrastructure & Support is responsible for the design, operations, and support of a wide range of technologies, which could include:
- Data center engineering and operations
- Data management including backup and archive
- Support of large compute, storage systems and core server infrastructure
- Media/AV systems design and implementation
- All related technical support
We’re looking for a Technology Manager to lead the Desktop Services team in our Vancouver Studio in our Infrastructure & Support group. The team includes technical support staff, systems administrators & engineers, and media/AV technical staff and engineers.
This role will partner with production stakeholders and the Director of technology to provide services including desktop support, hardware distribution, and related infrastructure technologies critical for content production at the Studio. With a keen eye for optimization, organization, and optimism, the Technology Manager will elevate the way our artists get the hardware, software, and support they need to create our animated content.
- Overseeing the Vancouver Desktop Services team, providing guidance on technical, roadmapping, and growth opportunities.
- Partnering with a cross-site team of technical leadership to drive overall direction of the team’s responsibilities, including the creation and execution of short and long term visions.
- Managing operations for multiple programs across the Vancouver Studio, including: onboarding & offboarding processes, technical support, hardware repair & replacement, remote work support, local networking support, equipment storage & logistics, and media systems support.
- Maintaining a clear schedule for the Desktop Services team, ensuring proper balance of front line support, hardware/software installation, consistent coverage, and holistic delegation of efforts across roles.
You will succeed in this role if you have:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build relationships both locally and across time zones.
- A strong technical acumen, with the ability to quickly pick up and maintain a working knowledge of the technology and workflows used at the Studio.
- Managed a technical team, offering career mentorship & consistent feedback to team members and tracking their growth over time.
- 6+ years of experience in a technical role in an IT or Systems environment, with at least 2+ years of experience managing a team.
- Experience managing technical projects and/or teams with competing priorities.
- Knowledge of desktop computer technologies across multiple business units.
- Experience tracking and maintaining service contracts, maintenance schedules, relationships with third party vendors/consultants, as well as associated budgets.
- Knowledge of media systems and AV technologies.
- Knowledge of data center technology, networking, and systems administration.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with common support tracking tools (ie Jira, ServiceNow, etc).
- Degree in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Animation Studios Vancouver Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.