Already applied?View Dashboard
VANCOUVER Senior Production EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 522709BR Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Studio Entertainment Brand Lucasfilm Date posted 01/31/2018
Industrial Light & Magic's team of artists and engineers continue to contribute hugely to the Star Wars franchise films and other spectacular high profile movies, using ILM’s world renowned and multiple award winning VFX technology.
The Production Engineering team implements and maintains services and tools empowering the back-end of ILM's feature film visual effects pipeline. The Production Engineering teams underpin a pipeline that utilises a wealth of in-house and industry standard software, such as Maya, Nuke and Houdini, to manage complex data sets with heavy computational requirements across multiple global locations. We are hiring for a senior production engineer to have a major influence in the development and improvement of these services.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- A clear and concise communicator: ability to keep end users informed of progress and managers informed of requests
- An effective time manager: must be able to prioritize a multitude of requests and not be afraid to ask for help if the path isn’t clear Passionate about delivering rigorous follow-through on assigned tasks
- An agile, flexible and quick thinker: this is an energetic, dynamic environment requiring an ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- A creative thinker and innovator: able to devise and employ ingenious solutions to difficult problems
- In-depth knowledge of Python programming and the Linux environment.
- Experience working with revision control systems and defined coding standards.
- Experience developing tools and/or plugins
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Experience developing with C++
- Experience with database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Redis Experience writing RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing against and/or deploying Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of the standard python packaging and installation tool-chain VFX, Feature Animation or Episodic production experience
- Experience with Maya, Katana and Nuke Experience with Renderman, vray or Arnold Experience developing on Windows