VFX Art Director - Expression of Interest Vancouver, BCApply NowApply Later Job ID oZquffwS Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted May 11, 2021
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Visual Effects Art Director is responsible for visually interpreting ideas communicated by the Director and Key Creatives on a film, episodic or venue project with traditional concept art, storyboards, or 3D designs.
We are looking for a creative who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, team-oriented mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
What You'll Do
On any given day, you may partner with Global Art Department teams and Art Department Management and Production Staff to:
- Design a robot or a planet for a Director, VFX Supervisor or Production Designer.
- Provide conceptual paintovers and look direction for VFX sequences or key shots for client approval.
- Deliver creative direction, mentorship and feedback to a team of concept artists to deliver world class concept designs.
- Partner with CG Department leads and CG artists to ensure consistency of design from inception to final shot delivery.
- Participate in daily reviews with clients.
- Act as front client liaison both from the ILM studio and potentially onset.
- Partner with Production teams on bidding and assessing crewing for design work, with any eye towards growing and developing up and coming diverse talent.
What We're Looking For
- An outstanding and varied aesthetic with the ability to interpret a multitude of creative visions.
- Must possess strong knowledge of visual effects techniques and the lastest conceptual design processes, including photoreal concept development and cinematography.
- Have a strong handle on the latest 3D concept tools and as a bonus some working knowledge of real-time design processes.
- A clear grasp of anatomy and motion of organic and mechanical forms.
- You probably have 7 or more years of experience in conceptual design.
- You have experience managing and mentoring concept artists.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Film or Design, or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.