Virtual Production Supervisor, Show Level (StageCraft) Vancouver, BCApply NowApply Later Job ID onX0gfwk Location Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Sep. 22, 2021
The Virtual Production Supervisor - Show Level, oversees the VP Brain Bar team for a particular production. Partners with client, content supervisor and VFX post production teams to integrate and display necessary content on LED walls.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and manage ingest, verification, and deployment of all virtual content to be used on set
- Create and maintain functional and positive relationships with all key stakeholders (Director of Photography, VFX Supervisors, 1st Assistant Director, Brain Bar) during shooting, along with all other crew
- Work closely with key stakeholders to devise solutions to Production and Visual challenges
- Represent set operations to key partners on VFX team, including documentation and participation in reviews and meetings
- Give qualitative feedback
- Work closely with ILM tech team on status and feature requests
- Have thorough knowledge of all content and workflows to be displayed on LED walls and be able to handle enquiries quickly and accurately
- Ensure visual quality of all scenes, making adjustments personally and/or giving direction and assignments to Brain Bar team on necessary adjustments
- Ability to rehearse and direct motion capture performers as required by director and AD.
- Quickly and accurately respond to production leadership direction and execute actions personally or delegate to Brain Bar team while communicating status to all stakeholders
- Maintain situational awareness of shooting status (current set-up, scene, take, content, etc) and communicate tasks and information accordingly
- Ensure readiness of Brain Bar at all times with regard to Production needs and update stakeholders of any impactful events
- Knowledge leader/point of contact for Show VIP demos and other deployment of volume besides shooting
- Work closely with ILM/Client Show Producers on scheduling of content, volume operations, and operators
- Perform special operations as needed
- As needed, perform technical production roles in place of operators, including scene manipulation and management
- On set client interaction and key creative collaboration.
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live action production
- Role may also require:
- Travel for Virtual Production shoots for extended periods of time
- Work on the same schedule as first or second unit production when on location, including long and/or irregular hours
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor degree in Film, Engineering, Computer Science or relevant area preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with Motion Capture technology, VFX and Physical and/or Virtual Production.
- Track record of successfully delivering high quality data in a rapidly changing environment
- Advanced Knowledge of on set digital acquisition hardware, Motion Capture & Facial hardware techniques along with on set pipelines
- Knowledge of Game Engine and game related technologies.
- Experience in a visual effects asset and shot production pipeline using digital content creation software (i.e. Maya)
- Advanced knowledge of still photography, film, and video production.
- Advanced knowledge of movie lighting and stage rigging skills preferred.
- Experience with video hardware and signals, video engineering experience preferred.
- Must be highly computer literate with Linux. MAC & Windows also preferred.
- Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems.
- Strong understanding of the concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and film production.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Aesthetic and technical skills to help team plan on the fly and troubleshoot issues
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and written, considering multiple audiences
- Ability to prioritize and manage information and direction under very tight deadlines
- Total ownership skills and ability to follow through on responsibilities and direction without management
- Strong skills to balance multiple key relationships
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.