Bartender- Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 696655BR Location Vero Beach, Florida, United States Business Disney's Vero Beach Resort Date posted Mar. 25, 2020
This role requires a minimum of 3 days per week of availability.
Responsibilities:· Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks to patrons of bar following standard recipes (including specialty mixed drinks, draft and bottled beer)
· Ability to serve multiple Guests at bar/ walk up Guests and cocktail servers at server stations which includes taking drink orders, entering in POS system, delivering to Guests and following up with Guest service needs until Guest leaves
· Ability to work with bar/restaurant equipment and supplies including, but not limited to coffee, blender, knives, brewers, soda guns, small dishwashers, and three compartment sink washer setup, small trays, carafes, coffee pots, and glassware; Practices proper sanitation procedures and maintains cleanliness of the area
· Orders or requisitions liquor and supplies
· Serves food and beverage to Guests at proper temperature
· Shares knowledge of wines, spirits with Guests
· Able to articulate menu options and ingredients with Guests
· Assists Guests with directions, entertainment, show event schedules and other information
· Some computer experience, working with POS systems; entering Guest drink orders, collecting money, and maintaining a cash drawer to balance at end of shift
· Completing assigned side work duties at beginning and end of each shift
· Must exhibit a positive, friendly helpful attitude toward Cast Members and Guests to maintain the world-class quality of the Disney experience.
Basic Qualifications:· Assist in the preparation of guest drinks.
· Exhibit a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude to guests maintaining the show quality of the Disney experience.
· Greet guests and explaining specials.
· Handle cash and other forms of payment.
· General alcoholic beverage and cocktail knowledge (beer, wine liquors and liqueurs.)
· General knowledge of bar setup and sanitation
· Verify legal drinking age and denying service to intoxicated Guests when necessary.
· Previous bartending experience, 1-2 years.
· Demonstrated ability to own and resolve guest situations.
- Bilingual preferred
- Alcohol Awareness Training (i.e. RVP, TIPS or equivalent)
- Previous fine dining/table service experience
- Basic wine knowledge
- Food service knowledge/experience
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Resort Hotel operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 7:00am while some may end as late as 1:00am. Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
About Disney's Vero Beach Resort:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney's Vero Beach Resort.
Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.