Engineering / Maintenance - Full-Time, Disney's Vero Beach ResortApply NowApply Later Job ID 795717BR Location Vero Beach, Florida, United States Business Disney Vacation Club Date posted Sep. 02, 2021
This role starts at a pay rate of $14.70 per hour.
Responsibilities:At Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, our Engineers are organized into three levels, based on skill sets and depth of expertise. But no matter what their level, our Engineers all have the Disney Difference, which means that along with being great at their trade, they are naturally friendly and genuinely happy to help when a Guest asks a question or makes a request.
Every day as an Engineer is different! On any given shift, you might:
- Start your shift with a team meeting to discuss the day’s events and any new perks/benefits from The Walt Disney Company
- Work with minimal supervision
- Well qualified in basic plumbing, air conditioning, electricity, painting and other duties as assigned
Interact with Guests on a daily basis – since this is a Disney Vacation Club property, you will get to know “regular” Guests, and they will get to know you, often greeting you by name
- Prep the resort for storms, and clean/up and make repairs afterwards
- Get your paycheck (or see that it has hit your bank account via direct deposit) every Thursday, like clockwork
- Take advantage of educational opportunities – Disney Aspire pays 100% of your tuition for most degrees/certificates
- Enjoy the benefits of working for The Walt Disney Company, including free Park entrance, the Disney Aspire educational program, weekly pay, medical, generous perks, and discounts on things you really use.
Basic Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- HVAC and/or Plumbing and/or Electrical and/or Construction Trades skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- A team player but can work independently, with minimal supervision
- Basic maintenance skills to perform the tasks described above
- Willing to learn new skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and an active listener
- Problem-solving and decision-making ability, and can think on your feet
- Minimum 1 year related experience in maintenance trades or related fields
- Can drive a Pargo
- Valid US driver’s license
- Availability for all shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Minimum 1 year related experience in maintenance trades and related
- HVAC Skills
- Technical Certificates
- Formal Apprenticeships
Required Education• High School degree or equivalent
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 6:00am while some may end as late as 12:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
About Disney Vacation Club:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Vacation Club,Disney's Vero Beach Resort.
Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.