Facilities Host/Hostess-Part Time, Disney's Vero Beach ResortApply NowApply Later Job ID 763261BR Location Vero Beach, Florida, United States Business Disney Vacation Club Date posted Aug. 10, 2020
Facilities Hosts/Hostesses are in charge of our gorgeous grounds, and make sure that everything outdoors is sparkling clean. If you enjoy working in the fresh air, if you know (or want to learn) to operate many different kinds of machinery, and if you hope to work for one of the most respected, reliable companies in the world, please apply today!
Facilities Host/Hostess receive a starting rate of $15.00/hour.
Responsibilities:Facilities Host/Hostesses make sure that all outside areas, such as pool decks, parking lots, restaurants, recreation facilities and sidewalks are sparkling clean and “show ready” at all times. Facilities Host/Hostesses are always available if a Guest has a question or needs help with something, so being naturally friendly is important.
Every day as a Facilities Host/Hostess is different! On any given day, you might:
- Start your shift with a team meeting, where you learn about any new perks/programs offered by The Walt Disney Company
- Pressure wash patios, walkways and other concrete areas
- Use a ladder or scaffold to clean walls and windows
- Shampoo carpets using portable trailer mounts
- Operate forklifts and utility trailers
- Wear your Disney-supplied protective gear to clean hazardous spills
- Get your paycheck (or see that it has hit your bank account via direct deposit) every Thursday, like clockwork
- Talk with your leaders about your career, including promotion within your department or to other part time/full time jobs throughout Disney
- Take advantage of educational opportunities – Disney Aspire pays 100% of your tuition no matter what degree you select, even if you are working part-time
- Enjoy the benefits of working for The Walt Disney Company, including free Park entrance, the Disney Aspire educational program, weekly pay, generous perks, and discounts on things you really use
Basic Qualifications:This is what you will need to be successful in the role:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Comfortable working at different heights
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Valid US driver’s license
- Ability to work with chemical cleaners, and physical strength to lift/push/pull up to 70 pounds
- This is a PART TIME position and requires you to be fully available a minimum of three (3) days per week, during the daytime and the evening, including one weekend day. You will also be required to be fully available on national/state holidays
- Fluent English is not required but you must be able to communicate in English using the telephone/radio, and use the HotSOS app
- Bilingual skills
- Previous experience using pressure washers, specialized floor cleaning equipment, like buffers and carpet cleaners
- Know how to operate a ride-on sweeper/scrubber
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Disney Vacation Club:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Vacation Club.
Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.