Food/Beverage Culinary (Cook) - Part-Time, Disney's Vero Beach ResortApply NowApply Later Job ID 799032BR Location Vero Beach, Florida, United States Business Disney Vacation Club, Disney's Vero Beach Resort Date posted May 25, 2021
Culinary cast members at Disney's Vero Beach Resort have the opportunity to provide first-rate dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies.
With various Food and Beverage locations throughout property, Culinary cast members experience a world of options, from quick service to Five-Diamond dining.
· Provide first-rate dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies
· Grow in your craft through continual learning and development alongside our advanced culinary team with years of experience in the industry
· Help generate dishes from scratch for a variety of locations throughout property from quick service to fine dining
· Work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment where collaboration is essential to success
· Show strong attention-to-detail, organizational, retention and problem-solving skills even while working under a sense of urgency and with quality ingredients
· Ability to operate effectively as part of a team and communicate clearly to ensure smooth service operations and quality service
· Proven knowledge of HACCP, proper food handling techniques, temperatures and food safety
· Must have superior culinary, food production and high standards of excellence, including the ability to work cleanly, safely and efficiently
· Possess proficiency in all stations of the line, including grill and sauté, as well as skills with knives, tools and kitchen equipment
· Demonstrates the ability to follow recipes and an understanding of recipe conversion
· Awareness of modern and classical cooking, including specialized culinary techniques and measurements, and possess the ability to propose menu items
· Knowledge of basic butchering, food allergies, seasonal ingredients and menus
· Must be at least 18 years of age
Part-Time roles require FULL AVAILABILITY for any shift, a minimum of (3) three days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
· Culinary certification plus line cook experience at a table service establishment
· Fine Dining experience is a plus, but not required
· Full Availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends and holidays
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 6:00am while some may end as late as 12:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
About Disney Vacation Club:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Vacation Club.
Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.